BE A PART OF THE NEXT STAGE OF SUSTAINABLE CAPITAL MARKETS
What is an SSE Official Supporter?
Official Supporters recognize both a market demand and a global necessity for more sustainable and transparent financial markets. Through their financial contribution to the SSE, Official Supporters help the SSE further its mission to strengthen sustainable markets.
The yearly contribution made by the Official Supporters enables the SSE to better serve its mission and to grow its research, events and technical assistance in support of exchange’s and regulator’s sustainability activities.
Founding SSE Official Supporters
On the occasion of its 10 year anniversary, the SSE launched a new chapter to ensure its ability to continue to meet the needs of its growing membership for the years to come. In asking partner exchanges and other key stakeholders to become an SSE Official Supporter, by contributing a voluntary donation annually, the SSE will be able to provide exchanges and other key capital market stakeholders the technical assistance, tools and expertise required to meet their sustainability objectives.
“We are proud to support the SSE initiative’s work to foster global dialogue and capacity building. When stock exchanges lead the way on disclosure, transparency, and accountability, they are an essential driver of the paradigm shift towards a stable and sustainable financial system.”
SSE Official Supporters
Become an Official Supporter of the SSE
Since its founding 10 years ago, the SSE has grown to include almost all stock exchanges worldwide (click here for the list of members). This illustrates that participating in a conversation on environmental, social and governance factors has become a necessary part of the investor-exchange-issuer dialogue.
The SSE is the premier platform for collaboration and learning for stock exchanges together with capital market regulators, investors, issuers and financial service providers to meet global sustainability goals. In the context of economic and technology transitions, climate change and regulatory intervention, the SSE supports exchanges to fully integrate sustainability across service lines, in turn, supporting investors and companies to achieve their sustainability objectives.
Sustainability is complex, and to best support the its members, the SSE seeks financial contributions from stock exchanges and other capital market stakeholders to help fund our efforts to assist exchanges to meet their sustainability objectives.
The SSE seeks partners to become SSE Official Supporters, contributing $10,000 USD annually to ensure exchanges and other key capital market stakeholders have the technical assistance, tools and expertise required to meet their sustainability objectives. On the occasion of its 10th anniversary, the SSE is inviting its partner stock exchanges and other stakeholders to announce their commitment to supporting the initiative and to sustainable capital markets.
The SSE works to communicate stock exchange’s sustainability activities in various ways, including:
- Direct communication with policymakers: As an initiative launched by the UN Secretary General, the SSE regularly convenes policymakers from securities regulators to ministers of finance to communicate the challenges and successes of exchanges in promoting sustainable finance.
- UN flagship reports: Trends and updates on stock exchange sustainability efforts are featured in the United Nations World Investment Report as well as the SSE’s own biennial Report on Progress.
- Online database: The SSE maintains the largest online database of stock exchange ESG activities. This is the most visited page on the SSE website and widely used as the authoritative source for exchange activities on sustainable finance.
- Social media: SSE tweets have received over 1 million impressions
- Newsletter: Approximately 3,000 subscribers receive a monthly highlights newsletter covering stock exchange and securities regulator sustainability activities
- “Exchange in Focus”: Articles published on the SSE website highlight exchange’s leadership and enable exchanges to illustrate their sustainability action on the ground.
The SSE also offers a diverse range of in-person and virtual opportunities for shared learning. This includes its flagship event which happens every two years, the SSE Global Dialogue, as well as other national or regional dialogues. The SSE also works with stock exchanges to assist them in the development of their own events and workshops.
The SSE produces guidance and resources for exchanges and regulators to take leadership on sustainability within their market. This includes work on ESG reporting, gender equality, green finance, securities regulation and SME growth. The SSE also takes on global research to showcase what different exchanges are doing on sustainability and how these trends are changing over time.
In addition to enabling the SSE to strengthen and broaden its activities in providing technical assistance, research, and consensus-building activities for its members, Supporters also receive a number of unique benefits:
- Official recognition of your status as an SSE Official Supporter
- Official Supporters will be recognized through a number of the SSE’s media platforms including social media and in its monthly newsletter
- Members of the Official Supporters program will have the first opportunity to reserve a seat at an SSE event and will be offered speaking opportunities at most SSE events and other activities
- A yearly impact report will be shared with all SSE’s Official Supporters
How to join
SSE Officials Supporters is a voluntary opt-in program, where exchanges or other partners commit to an annual contribution of $10,000 USD.
If your organization would like to be considered as an Official Supporter of the SSE, please contact us for more information.