Bolsa de Valores de Lima
Number of listed companies
Domestic market capitalization
99,218 million US$
SSE Partner Exchange
Has annual sustainability report
ESG reporting required as a listing rule
- Resolution SMV N. 033-2015-SMV/01 passed 15 November 2015 requires issuers to present a corporate sustainability report and a report on good corporate governance as an annex to its annual report. The format for these reports can be found on the Market Regulator's website, as well as on the BVL website.
Has written guidance on ESG reporting
- The BVL worked with the PIR, which it is a founding associate of, to publish in 2017 a user guide for filling in the corporate sustainability report required by the market regulator (SMV).
Offers ESG related training
- The BVL offers courses on ESG themes through its Education Facilities "Bursen BVL" (Stock market education center).
- The BVL also participates in various conferences in Peru to discuss topics related to ESG
Market covered by sustainability-related index
Has sustainability bond listing segment
Has SME listing platform
- BVL Venture Exchange, since 2000
- The BVL is a founding associate of the Asociación para la Promoción de la Inversión Responsable y Sostenible (PIR), a network supporter of the UN Principles of Responsible Investment (PRI). Through the PIR, the BVL promotes investment policy and practices that incorporate ESG information.
- The BVL has had its carbon footprint calculation certified by A2G Sostenibilidad y Cambio Climático. See the certificate here.
- The BVL works with EY to produce a yearly report on Good Corporate Governance in Peru, based on a yearly survey The Voice of the Market (La Voz del Mercado). See the 2016 report here. The report educates the market on good corporate governance. Past reports: 2015, 2014.
- Gender equality initiatives: For the third consecutive year, the BVL participated in the SSE's "Ring the Bell for Gender Equality" in 2018, in support of SDG 5 - Gender Equality.
- In 2017, the BVL, the American Embassy and the Woman Corporate Directors developed a leadership workshop called "Breaking the Glass Ceiling - BTGC Peru" aimed at CEO's, women VPs and senior managers of companies listed on the BVL, with the aim of training them in leadership and awareness in their working environment to implement policies aimed at closing the gender gap and publicly disseminate them to achieve a multiplier effect.
- In 2017, the BVL Group participated in the OWIT Day 2017 BTGC Peru sharing program and the current situation of the gender gap in the market.
- In 2017, the BVL Group participated in the 1st meeting of "Women in the Profession Leadership 3.60 WIP" that seeks to promote visibility and leadership of the lawyers, through the creation of a professional network. This event was published in an article in G Management on leadership and how to overcome the barriers.
- In 2017, the BVL in alliance with SP & Robeco Sam launched the ESG Sustainability Index MILA Regional, where companies that make up the index must disclose whether or not they comply with policies gender equality.
- In 2018, the BVL launched Allied Group Ranking Par (a free and confidential platform) that allows companies to measure gender equality. A long - term goal is that more companies listed on the BVL can measure the gender gap, awareness and implement improvements in their organizations on this issue.
Organizational model of stock exchange
- Listed company for profit
Limited Exchange Self-Regulatory Organization (SRO) Model
- The Superintendencia de Mercado de Valores (SMV) has ultimate authority over securities market regulations. However, the Bolsa de Valores Lima has the authority to regulate the trading and transactions carried out through centralized trading mechanisms under their responsibility, as well as the activity of intermediation agents in such mechanisms. The BVL has supervision power, which entails supervising compliance with the market's regulations and self-regulation rules by the intermediaries.
About the stock exchange
Location: Lima, Peru
- About BVL (Spanish)
- In 2015, the BVL acquired 93.80% of the shares of CAVALI S.A. I.C.L.V.
|Ownership of Exchange (Shares >4% only)||Share|
|Diviso Grupo Financiero S.A. (Peru)||9.13%|
|Participaciones Grupo BMV S.A. DE CV (Mexico)||7.27%|
|Credicorp Capital S.A. Sociedad Administradora de Fondos (Peru)||5.67%|
|Tresaure Finance Holding Corp. (Panama)||5.21%|
|BBVA Banco Continental (Peru)||5.01%|
|Inteligo Bank LTD (Bahamas)||4.81%|
|Inversion y Desarrollo Sociedad Agente de Bolsa S.A.C. (Peru)||4.5%|
|Magot Sociedad Agente de Bolsa S.A.C. (Peru)||4.37%|