TCFD Activities Database
Stock exchange activities that support the TCFD Recommendations
- TCFD training 50% 50%
- TCFD referenced in ESG guide 41% 41%
- TCFD Supporter 36% 36%
- TCFD-aligned disclosure 30% 30%
- TCFD specific guidance 4% 4%
The numbers in this database are determined using publicly available data. This data was collected by using the SSE’s database on stock exchanges, combined with the TCFD Supporters database and by reviewing stock exchange’s websites and annual reports. The total number of stock exchanges identified in each category is based on the following criteria:
- TCFD Supporter: Indicates what year a stock exchange supported the TCFD through the online supporter form. This data is collected from the FSB’s publicly available TCFD Supporters database found here. Exchanges that wish to become a supporter can fill in this online form.
- TCFD referenced in ESG guide: Indicates if a stock exchange has made a reference to the TCFD recommendations within their ESG disclosure guidance. More details on ESG Disclosure guidance contents can be found on the SSE’s ESG Disclosure Guidance Database. Stock exchanges that have not yet developed guidance on ESG disclosure can make use of the SSE’s Model Guidance on ESG Disclosure.
- TCFD-specific guide: Indicates if a stock exchange has published a stand alone guidance document specifically for climate-related disclosures. Stock exchanges that have not yet developed guidance on climate disclosures can make use of the SSE’s Model Guidance on Climate Disclosures.
- TCFD training: Indicates the date that a stock exchange hosted training, or have booked training on TCFD for their markets in collaboration with the UN SSE, IFC and CDP. For exchanges that wish to host this free CPD certified training for their markets can find out more information here and contact the SSE team to book this free training (email us at firstname.lastname@example.org). There is no cost associated with this training.
- TCFD-aligned Disclosure: Indicates the year that the stock exchange started to align their own disclosures to the recommendations of the TCFD. Stock exchanges wishing to enhance their own climate-related disclosures can make use of the SSE’s Action Plan to Make Markets Climate Resilient.