Number of listed companies
Domestic market capitalization
94,992 million US$
SSE Partner Exchange
Has annual sustainability report
- Annual Report contains lengthy section on corporate governance reporting, with some information on CSR.
ESG reporting required as a listing rule
Has written guidance on ESG reporting
- Boursa Kuwait produced a Sustainability Disclosure Guide in December 2017.
Offers ESG related training
- Group engagement sessions presenting the business case of sustainability and how investors use ESG information
- Individual engagement sessions with top tier listed issuers to ensure progress on adoption in sustainability reporting
- Training sessions for senior executives on the business case of sustainability and its implications.
Market covered by sustainability-related index
- Boursa Kuwait has plans to set an ESG index to further stimulate ESG disclosure among listed issuers.
Has sustainability bond listing segment
Has SME listing platform
- Boursa Kuwait has partnered with Sustainability Excellence - a leading provider of sustainability reporting, research, and advisory services in the Middle East - to support Boursa Kuwait and its issuers in their sustainability journey. Source.
- Through an external service provider, every listed company in the main market has independently received a comprehensive and free ESG assessment of current ESG performance.
- Sustainability is listed as key element within corporate governance framework.
Organizational model of stock exchange
- Unlisted private company for profit - demutualized in October 2016
Limited Exchange Self-Regulatory Organization (SRO) Model
- Boursa Kuwait has a basic level of regulatory authority. However, Capital Markets Authority (Kuwait) is the overall regulator of Boursa Kuwait.
About the stock exchange
Location: Kuwait City, Kuwait
- Boursa Kuwait is the private entity that was established in April 2014 with the aim to manage the exchange and progressively develop Kuwait's stock market operations, while delivering transparency, efficiency and accessibility.Boursa Kuwait's strategic approach focuses on the development of investment tools, restructuring the market to increase its competitiveness, working to increase liquidity, and attracting investments.To ensure its successful transition, Boursa Kuwait has brought in a pool of experts and has devised a specific transition strategy. This strategy focuses on ensuring smooth progress as the company's services expand and on enhancing the overall status of the Kuwait market. It addresses market needs by introducing new products and tools, and upgrading Kuwait Stock Exchange's infrastructure and business environment to international standards. Through this approach Boursa Kuwait is creating a robust, transparent and fair capital market platform that serves all relevant asset classes, whilst focusing on clients' interests. For more information on Boursa Kuwait, please visit: https://www.boursakuwait.com.kw/
|Ownership of Exchange (Shares >4% only)||Share|
|Boursa Kuwait is fully owned by the Capital Markets Authority (CMA) Kuwait.||%|