This is an invitation only event. For more information, please contact the SSE team.
Module 2: Sustainable Finance – Gender Equality Investments
This module provides an overview of the overlap of financial market mechanisms and gender equality, supporting both companies and investors in understanding gender equality investments. The module looks at this topic from a market perspective by providing an overview of the current state of gender equality in markets and by discussing what stock exchanges and regulators are doing to promote gender equality investments, providing a macro-level view of the topic. To evaluate the impact at the company level, the module additionally provides guidance on the business and human rights cases for gender equality and provides an overview of gender-lens financial products. To put these guidelines into practice the module further narrows down into gender equality market indices with a guest speaker from Bloomberg Gender Equality Index, digs deeper into the gender-bond market with a guest speaker from Luxembourg Stock Exchange’s LGX Academy, and discusses the growing overlap of climate and gender finance.
The learning objectives of Module 2 are:
- Understand the business and human rights case for gender equality;
- Identify market mechanisms, promotion and demand behind gender-lens investing;
- Identify gender-lens investment strategies and how companies can align practices.
This pilot is open only to employees of UN SSE Partner Exchanges, members of the SSE Regulator Working Group, SSE Official Supporters and other recognized UN SSE partner organizations.
- Martine ValcinGlobal Manager, ESG Advisory, Knowledge and LearningIFC
- Loty SalazarLead, IFC's Women on Boards & in Business Leadership ProgramIFC
- Tiffany GrabskiAcademy Head, SSEUNCTAD
- Mihwa ParkWEPs CoordinatorUN Women
- Harry AgombarESG Data SpecialistBloomberg
- Vitaline CopayLGX Academy LecturerLuxembourg Stock Exchange
About the SSE
The SSE initiative is a UN Partnership Programme organised by UNCTAD, the UN Global Compact, UNEP FI and the PRI. The SSE’s mission is to provide a global platform for exploring how exchanges, in collaboration with investors, companies (issuers), regulators, policymakers and relevant international organizations, can enhance performance on ESG (environmental, social and corporate governance) issues and encourage sustainable investment, including the financing of the UN Sustainable Development Goals. The SSE seeks to achieve this mission through an integrated programme of conducting evidence-based policy analysis, facilitating a network and forum for multi-stakeholder consensus-building, and providing technical assistance and advisory services.