For more information, please contact the SSE team.
This session is co-organized with the Cairo-based Regional Center for Sustainable Finance (RCSF) and the Arab Federation of Capital markets. The event will feature a dialogue on sustainable finance issues in the context of the Arab region. The session will follow two main themes including mobilizing capital for climate action and promoting adoption of sustainability reporting standards in Arab countries.
- Role of regional capital market regulators and stock exchanges in mobilizing sustainable finance products, including Green, Social, and Sustainability bonds, and carbon markets, to finance sustainable development and climate action in the Arab region.
- The role of regulators and stock exchanges in the adoption and implementation of sustainability disclosure standards in the region.
- The role of the RCSF and AFCM in regional capacity building for the implementation of sustainability disclosure standards.
Attendance at these in-person events is free of charge but registration is required. Registering once gives participants a pass to all the events. A list of hotels close to the conference facilities can be found here. Special hotel rates for WIF participants can be received by using the booking links in this document.
You can access entire WIF 2023 program here
SSE members and key stakeholders are warmly invited to participate in all SSE events. If you or your CEOs are planning to join us in Abu Dhabi, please feel free to reach out to the SSE team for assistance.
- Anthony MillerChief CoordinatorUN SSE (UNCTAD)
- H.E. Rashed Abdulkarim Al BalooshiUndersecretaryDepartment of Economic Development
- Abdulla Salem Al NuaimiCEOAbu Dhabi Securities Exchange
- Mazen WathaifiCEOAmman Stock Exchange
- Nezha HayatChairperson and CEOAMCC
- Heba El SerafiVice PresidentEgyptian Exchange
- Mohamed Farid SalehExecutive ChairmanFinancial Regulatory Authority
- Haitham Al SalmiCEOMuscat Stock Exchange
About the SSE
The SSE initiative is a UN Partnership Programme organised by UNCTAD, the UN Global Compact, UNEP FI and the PRI. The SSE’s mission is to provide a global platform for exploring how exchanges, in collaboration with investors, companies (issuers), regulators, policymakers and relevant international organizations, can enhance performance on ESG (environmental, social and corporate governance) issues and encourage sustainable investment, including the financing of the UN Sustainable Development Goals. The SSE seeks to achieve this mission through an integrated programme of conducting evidence-based policy analysis, facilitating a network and forum for multi-stakeholder consensus-building, and providing technical assistance and advisory services.