For more information, please contact the SSE team.
The growth of ESG investing and sustainability-related products has led to several challenges, including concerns regarding consistency and comparability of available information, and the risk of greenwashing. Since the last World Investment Forum in 2018, regulators and policymakers worldwide have been examining issues relating to sustainable finance in their regulatory and supervisory roles in order to address these challenges and have been ramping up their efforts related to sustainable finance.
The webinar will take place on 20 October, from 12:00 to 14:30 (CEST).
Register once and access the whole WIF events for free.
Already registered? Join here and find us in Room 9
The UNCTAD World Investment Forum (WIF) is the pre-eminent global platform for investment and development. The Forum devises strategies and solutions for global investment and development challenges. The Forum offers a unique opportunity to influence investment-related policymaking, shape the global investment environment, and to network with global leaders in business and politics. For more information and the full programme of events, visit: worldinvestmentforum.unctad.org
- James ZhanDirector, Investment and EnterpriseUNCTAD
- Mohammed OmranChairmanFinancial Regulatory Authority - Egypt
- Sina HbousHead, Sustainable DevelopmentFinancial Regulatory Authority - Egypt
- Bing ShenDirector General, Department of International AffairsChina Securities Regulatory Commission
- Erik ThedeenDirector GeneralFinansinspektionen
- Bruno de Freitas GomesDirector, Securitization and Alternative InvestmentsComissão de Valores Mobiliários Brasil
- Mark ManningTechnical Specialist, Sustainable Finance and StewardshipFinancial Conduct Authority
- Evert van WalsumHead, Investors and Issuers DepartmentEuropean Securities and Markets Authority
- Martin MoloneySecretary GeneralIOSCO
- Raluca Tircoci CraciunHead, Growth and Emerging MarketsIOSCO
About the SSE
The SSE initiative is a UN Partnership Programme organised by UNCTAD, the UN Global Compact, UNEP FI and the PRI. The SSE’s mission is to provide a global platform for exploring how exchanges, in collaboration with investors, companies (issuers), regulators, policymakers and relevant international organizations, can enhance performance on ESG (environmental, social and corporate governance) issues and encourage sustainable investment, including the financing of the UN Sustainable Development Goals. The SSE seeks to achieve this mission through an integrated programme of conducting evidence-based policy analysis, facilitating a network and forum for multi-stakeholder consensus-building, and providing technical assistance and advisory services.