For more information, please contact the SSE team.
Afternoon workshop sessions were made possible through the support of collaborating partners GRI (Global Reporting Initiative), CDSB (Climate Disclosure Standards Board), ASRIA (Asia Investment Group on Climate Change) and MSCI.
During the Regional Dialogue, leaders of the Hanoi, Hochiminh and Malaysia Stock Exchanges announced their public Commitments to join the SSE initiative as SSE Partner Exchanges.
Key questions addressed at this SSE Regional Dialogue included:
- What role can stock exchanges, regulators and investors play to improve the environmental, social and governance performance of companies? What are the experiences of listed companies?
- What are the main challenges and opportunities for promoting sustainable development through capital markets?
- What next steps can be taken by policy makers, regulators, investors, companies and exchanges collectively in the region? What are the key roles for each actor?
- What regional and national policy options are available to reinforce existing best practices?
NOTE: This is event already took place. The news release on this event can be found here.
- The Star Online: “Bursa Malaysia Commits to Sustainable Stock Exchanges Initiative”
- Thai Visa News: “Sommai: Thailand needs to Develop its Bourse”
- The Borneo Post: “Bursa Malaysia Commits to SSE Initiative”
- Viêt Nam News: “HCM Exchange Becomes UN Sustainable Stock Partner”
- VietNamNet Bridge: “HCM Exchange Becomes UN Sustainable Stock Partner”
About the SSE
The SSE initiative is a UN Partnership Programme organised by UNCTAD, the UN Global Compact, UNEP FI and the PRI. The SSE’s mission is to provide a global platform for exploring how exchanges, in collaboration with investors, companies (issuers), regulators, policymakers and relevant international organizations, can enhance performance on ESG (environmental, social and corporate governance) issues and encourage sustainable investment, including the financing of the UN Sustainable Development Goals. The SSE seeks to achieve this mission through an integrated programme of conducting evidence-based policy analysis, facilitating a network and forum for multi-stakeholder consensus-building, and providing technical assistance and advisory services.