For more information, please contact the SSE team.
Key questions to addressed:
- What challenges and opportunities does the global green finance agenda pose to capital markets worldwide, and what does this mean for Stock Exchanges?
- What green finance products are having the greatest impact, and which products can stock exchanges best support?
- What impact will the new green finance agenda have on the alignment of the financial and real economies?
- How will stock exchanges be expected to support this new agenda?
NOTE: This event already took place. The news release on this event can be found here.
What was said:
- Namibia: NSX Joins UN Focus on Green Economy, All Africa
- Namibia to increase green economy financing, News Ghana
- NSX joins UN focus on green economy, Namibia Economist
- NSX partners UN stock exchange, The Namibian
- NSE eyes green bond to drive sustainable growth agenda, Standard Digital
- 57 家证券交易所承诺推动可持续发展, CFC
- As Kenya Prepares to float a Green Bond, here’s what it is, Capital FM, Kenya
About the SSE
The SSE initiative is a UN Partnership Programme organised by UNCTAD, the UN Global Compact, UNEP FI and the PRI. The SSE’s mission is to provide a global platform for exploring how exchanges, in collaboration with investors, companies (issuers), regulators, policymakers and relevant international organizations, can enhance performance on ESG (environmental, social and corporate governance) issues and encourage sustainable investment, including the financing of the UN Sustainable Development Goals. The SSE seeks to achieve this mission through an integrated programme of conducting evidence-based policy analysis, facilitating a network and forum for multi-stakeholder consensus-building, and providing technical assistance and advisory services.