For more information, please contact the SSE team.
This workshop is open to all but specifically tailored for companies listed on the Bucharest Stock Exchange
10 March, 10:00-12:00 EET
Investor demand for quality disclosure on climate and environmental aspects that supports informed decision-making and capital allocation towards a low-carbon economy has meant that issuers need to adequately address the link between financial information and these aspects within reporting. In addition, policy developments such as the upcoming revision of the Non-Financial Reporting Directive mean further focus on improving disclosure on these aspects.
Join the Bucharest Stock Exchange, Climate Disclosure Standards Board and the UN Sustainable Stock Exchanges Initiative for a workshop on how companies can better provide decision-useful information on climate and environmental aspects to the market.
Topics to be covered:
- Why report on climate and environmental matters and what are the benefits?
- What are the main initiatives on climate and environmental reporting that I should know about?
- What legal requirements are there to report on climate and environmental matters? Review of key concepts under the Non-Financial Reporting Directive and good practice examples
- How should I set up my organisation for reporting and how do I get started?
- What’s the next big thing in climate and environmental reporting?
- How can I enhance communication on ESG progress?
- Case study – Ignitis Group
More details here.
About the SSE
The SSE initiative is a UN Partnership Programme organised by UNCTAD, the UN Global Compact, UNEP FI and the PRI. The SSE’s mission is to provide a global platform for exploring how exchanges, in collaboration with investors, companies (issuers), regulators, policymakers and relevant international organizations, can enhance performance on ESG (environmental, social and corporate governance) issues and encourage sustainable investment, including the financing of the UN Sustainable Development Goals. The SSE seeks to achieve this mission through an integrated programme of conducting evidence-based policy analysis, facilitating a network and forum for multi-stakeholder consensus-building, and providing technical assistance and advisory services.