For more information, please contact the SSE team.
The one-hour webinar walked participants through the new report and feature an interactive discussion from exchanges and gender equality experts. Whether viewed narrowly through the lens of the business case or more broadly as a basic human right, gender equality is a key item on the international agenda and there is a general recognition that exchanges play an important role in driving progress toward a more equal, economically prosperous and socially cohesive society.
This new guidance assists exchanges in supporting and advancing “SDG 5 – Gender Equality” in their market and throughout their own operations. It provides an Action Menu with practical suggestions on how to make the financial ecosystem more gender-equal.
This report is prepared in collaboration with IFC and relied on hundreds of valuable inputs made by the 71 experts from 52 organizations across 34 countries making up the SSE Gender Equality Advisory Group. Special thanks is extended to the Chair of the SSE Gender Equality Advisory Group, Dr. Marlene Street Forrest, Managing Director, Jamaica Stock Exchange. This new guidance is prepared in strategic collaboration with UN Women.
Watch the event recording below:
- James ZhanDirector, Investment & Enterprise; Chair, SSE Governing BoardUNCTAD
- Anna FalthHead of Women’s Empowerment Principles SecretariatUN Women
- Denise OdaroHead of Investor RelationsIFC
- Marlene Street ForrestManaging DirectorJamaica Stock Exchange
Expert roundtable speakers
- Martine ValcinGlobal Manager, ESG Advisory, Knowledge and LearningIFC
- Vuyo LeeDirector, Marketing & Corporate AffairsJSE
- Olga CantilloCEOLatinex & FIAB
- Evan HarveyGlobal Head of SustainabilityNasdaq
- Jamie HoltonProject Management & Research OfficerPublish What You Fund
- Kerrie WaringCEOICGN
- Anthony MillerCoordinator UN SSE initiativeUNCTAD
- Siobhan ClearySSE Senior SpecialistUNCTAD
About the SSE
The SSE initiative is a UN Partnership Programme organised by UNCTAD, the UN Global Compact, UNEP FI and the PRI. The SSE’s mission is to provide a global platform for exploring how exchanges, in collaboration with investors, companies (issuers), regulators, policymakers and relevant international organizations, can enhance performance on ESG (environmental, social and corporate governance) issues and encourage sustainable investment, including the financing of the UN Sustainable Development Goals. The SSE seeks to achieve this mission through an integrated programme of conducting evidence-based policy analysis, facilitating a network and forum for multi-stakeholder consensus-building, and providing technical assistance and advisory services.