This is an invitation only event. For more information, please contact the SSE team.
Gender Equality and Capital Markets: Understanding and Addressing Complexities
Gender equality is a complex topic, which can discourage people of any gender from addressing it in the workplace. However, as one of the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals (Goal 5) and as a fundamental human right, gender equality has become increasingly essential to capital markets. This training program guides participants through the complexities with four modules that take a step-by-step approach that anyone can use to enhance gender equality in markets. Participants will build awareness of sustainable finance through understanding the financial implications of gender inequality, improving corporate reporting and literacy on gender equality, and identifying market opportunities that these improvements afford.
- Hosted by SSE Partner Exchanges, inviting their issuers and other interested market participants to join the virtual training
- Facilitated by subject-matter experts, available live for questions
- Delivered online with interactive activities and direct interaction with expert facilitators
- Q&A open throughout the training
- Training includes 4 hours of live facilitation spread over 2 sessions, certified by CPD
- Understand why action is needed for enhanced gender equality
- Identify what tools can be used to improve gender equality in your organization
- Understand how to capture value from markets for gender equality performance
- Identify how and where to communicate gender-related information for markets
This training has been developed to benefit both leadership levels (Board and C-suite) as well as operational level or management staff of any organization. No prior experience or expertise on the topic is necessary, and male participants are particularly encouraged to join
Download the information sheet in PDF here.
About the SSE
The SSE initiative is a UN Partnership Programme organised by UNCTAD, the UN Global Compact, UNEP FI and the PRI. The SSE’s mission is to provide a global platform for exploring how exchanges, in collaboration with investors, companies (issuers), regulators, policymakers and relevant international organizations, can enhance performance on ESG (environmental, social and corporate governance) issues and encourage sustainable investment, including the financing of the UN Sustainable Development Goals. The SSE seeks to achieve this mission through an integrated programme of conducting evidence-based policy analysis, facilitating a network and forum for multi-stakeholder consensus-building, and providing technical assistance and advisory services.