For more information, please contact the SSE team.
Date: Monday, 4 December 2023
Time: 14:00 -15:00 (local time, subject to change)
Organizers: UN SSE, IOSCO, UNFCCC
Location: Zone B Building 24 “Global Innovation Hub pavilion”
located in the Blue Zone, of the Expo City Dubai
To fight climate change effectively, innovative finance solutions are required to support climate-positive projects and promote more climate-aware corporations. By innovating new climate-aligned products, services and rules, exchanges and their regulators can assist their markets in becoming more climate resilient and better positioned to attract investment in climate action and protect long-term investors from climate and transition risks. Exchanges and their regulators are important levers to help financial markets increase the availability of climate-related information; they can create options for pricing carbon emissions and financing climate action through Voluntary Carbon Markets (VCMs); or they can assist in the transition of their markets to a net zero world through rules, standards and education.
During this session in partnership with IOSCO, we will discuss the climate-related work being undertaken by exchanges and their regulators. This will include:
- The challenges and opportunities for innovative new climate-linked markets and green finance products.
- The tools exchanges are innovating to boost the quality and quantity of climate disclosure.
- The specific targets exchanges are developing to contribute to a Net Zero future.
Speakers in this session will include IOSCO Board Members, SSE Partner Exchanges, standard setters and other market participants.
This session will be live-streamed. The link to the video feed will be added here in due course.
You can download the map of the venue here.
- Anthony MillerChief CoordinatorUN SSE (UNCTAD)
- Nezha HayatChairAutorité Marocaine du Marché des Capitaux
- Christy Goldsmith RomeroCommissionerCommodity Futures Trading Commission
- Verena RossChairEuropean Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA)
- Ahmed RushdyExecutive Director, Regional Center for Sustainable FinanceFinancial Regulatory Authority
- Jingdong HuaVice ChairIFRS Foundation
- Martin MoloneySecretary GeneralIOSCO
- Yoshida MasanoriExecutive OfficerJapan Exchange Group
- Julia HoggettCEOLondon Stock Exchange Group
- Roel RefranCOOThe Philippine Stock Exchange
About the SSE
The SSE initiative is a UN Partnership Programme organised by UNCTAD, the UN Global Compact, UNEP FI and the PRI. The SSE’s mission is to provide a global platform for exploring how exchanges, in collaboration with investors, companies (issuers), regulators, policymakers and relevant international organizations, can enhance performance on ESG (environmental, social and corporate governance) issues and encourage sustainable investment, including the financing of the UN Sustainable Development Goals. The SSE seeks to achieve this mission through an integrated programme of conducting evidence-based policy analysis, facilitating a network and forum for multi-stakeholder consensus-building, and providing technical assistance and advisory services.