For more information, please contact the SSE team.
Date: Monday, 4 December 2023
Time: 9:00 -10:00 (local time, subject to change)
Organizers: UN SSE, UNCTAD
Location: B7 Pavilion 88 “Trade Pavilion”, Blue Zone, Expo City, Dubai
Stock exchanges can play a crucial role in the innovation of financial solutions that bolster climate-positive initiatives and the promotion of climate action among companies. Through the development of climate-aligned products, services, and rules, exchanges hold a pivotal role in enhancing the climate resilience of their markets. Exchanges also assume significant importance in facilitating the adoption of new climate-aligned standards and the dissemination of climate-related information across financial markets. Exchanges can contribute to the transformation of markets towards a net-zero future by implementing guidelines, benchmarks, and educational initiatives.
Key topics to be addressed include the role of exchanges in:
- Helping align climate-related disclosures to global standards, including providing bespoke guidance and training to their issuers.
- Innovating new climate-aligned products and services such as Voluntary Carbon Markets (VCMs).
- Ensuring green finance products (like green bonds) better serve the financing needs of emerging markets.
- Supporting the Glasgow Financial Alliance for Net-Zero and using their market influence to accelerate the transition to net zero emission economies.
This session will be live-streamed. You can click here to watch the live session.
You can download the map of the venue here.
- Tiffany GrabskiSSE Academy HeadUN SSE (UNCTAD)
- Owain JohnsonManaging Director, Global Head of Research & Product DevelopmentCME Group
- Francesco Vanni d’ArchirafiGroup ChairmanEuroclear
- Alicia KedzierskiHead of Department, ESGFinancial Conduct Authority (FCA)
- Mardi McbrienChief of Strategic Affairs & Capacity BuildingIFRS Foundation
- Kristel Nathanail-BrightonChief of StaffIOSCO
- Laetitia HamonHead of Sustainable FinanceLuxembourg Stock Exchange
- Brian MattHead of ESG AdvisoryNew York Stock Exchange
- Bandar Al BlehedHead of Client Relations DevelopmentSaudi Exchange
- Herry ChoHead, Sustainability and Sustainable FinanceSGX Group
About the SSE
The SSE initiative is a UN Partnership Programme organised by UNCTAD, the UN Global Compact, UNEP FI and the PRI. The SSE’s mission is to provide a global platform for exploring how exchanges, in collaboration with investors, companies (issuers), regulators, policymakers and relevant international organizations, can enhance performance on ESG (environmental, social and corporate governance) issues and encourage sustainable investment, including the financing of the UN Sustainable Development Goals. The SSE seeks to achieve this mission through an integrated programme of conducting evidence-based policy analysis, facilitating a network and forum for multi-stakeholder consensus-building, and providing technical assistance and advisory services.