For more information, please contact the SSE team.
Date: Wednesday, 9 November 2022
Time: 12:00 -13:00 (local time, subject to change)
Location: UN Climate Change Global Innovation Hub (UGIH) pavilion
located in the Blue Zone C, Pavilion 93, of the Sharm el-Sheikh International Convention Centre
Exchanges have an important role in helping their markets meet the growing demand for climate-related information and in mobilising the finance needed to transition to a net-zero world. Since COP21 in Paris, exchanges around the world have continued to develop innovative strategies to make their markets more climate resilient.
During this technical session, we will discuss the climate-related work being undertaken by exchanges. This will include:
- The challenges and opportunities for innovative new climate-linked markets and green finance products.
- The tools exchanges are innovating to boost the quality and quantity of climate disclosure.
- The specific targets exchanges are developing to contribute to a Net Zero future.
Speakers in this session will include sustainability officers from SSE Partner Exchanges as well as technical experts from standard setters, investors, issuers, civil society and other market participants.
You can watch the full recorded session here.
- Tiffany GrabskiSSE Academy HeadUNCTAD
- Owain JohnsonGlobal Head, Research & Product DevelopmentCME
- Ahmed RoshdyManager, Risk Management and Sustainability DepartmentThe Egyptian Stock Exchange
- Jingdong HuaVice ChairInternational Sustainability Standards Board
- Shameela EbrahimChief Sustainability OfficerJSE
- Claire DorrianHead of Sustainable FinanceLSEG
- Herry ChoGroup Head, Sustainability & Sustainable FinanceSingapore Exchange
- Elizabeth KingPresident, Sustainable Finance & Chief Regulatory OfficerIntercontinental Exchange, Inc.
- Christina SellChief Sustainability Officer Trading & ClearingDeutsche Börse Group
- Mark ManningTechnical Specialist, Sustainable FinanceFinancial Conduct Authority
- Steve WaygoodChief Responsible Investment OfficerAviva
About the SSE
The SSE initiative is a UN Partnership Programme organised by UNCTAD, the UN Global Compact, UNEP FI and the PRI. The SSE’s mission is to provide a global platform for exploring how exchanges, in collaboration with investors, companies (issuers), regulators, policymakers and relevant international organizations, can enhance performance on ESG (environmental, social and corporate governance) issues and encourage sustainable investment, including the financing of the UN Sustainable Development Goals. The SSE seeks to achieve this mission through an integrated programme of conducting evidence-based policy analysis, facilitating a network and forum for multi-stakeholder consensus-building, and providing technical assistance and advisory services.