For more information, please contact the SSE team.
If you would like to learn more about how stock exchanges can help promote gender equality, you can read SSE’s report here.
The events are organized in conjunction with UN Women, Sustainable Stock Exchanges Initiative, IFC, Women in ETFs, and World Federation of Exchanges.
- IFC press release here. Media coverage included: Daily Mirror, Daily FT, Ceylon Today, Daily News, Ada Derana, Colombo Page, Lanka Business News, LMD. Watch “We Are – Women on Boards in Sri Lanka.
- Argentina – CNV and BYMA promoted ‘Ring the Bell for Gender Equality’ (via ambito.com)
- President of BIND Banco Industrial participates in ‘Ring the Bell for Gender Equality’ (via iprofessional)
- Bangladesh – DSE joins hands with IFC to promote women empowerment (via The Daily Star)
- Brazil – B3 joins global stock exchange mobilisation for gender equality (via mondovisione)
- Canada – TMX Group: Women in ETFs opens the market on International Women’s Day (via mondovisione)
- International Women’s Day opens the market (via Business Insider)
- Denmark – International Women’s Day on the stock exchange: Reason will prevail in the end (via Finanswatch)
- Nasdaq Copenhagen Rings the Bell (via DR TV)
- Fiji – SPSE rings bell for International Women’s Day (via Fiji Sun)
- Georgia – Georgian Stock Exchange, IFC, CiDA & UN Women ‘Ring the Bell’ for gender equality in Tbilisi (via Georgia Today)
- Iceland – International Women’s Day was held (via Visir)
- Ireland – Women in ETFs ‘Ring the Bell for Gender Equality’ at the ISE (via mondovisione)
- Jordan – Business world ‘rings bell’ for closing gender gap in Jordan’s economy (via The Jordan Times)
- Kuwait – Kuwait the first country in GCC to join ‘Ring the Bell’ initiative (via Albawaba)
- Lithuania – Women’s Leadership and Careers (via Verslo Zinios)
- Mongolia – IFC and Mongolian Stock Exchange join other bourses to ring the bell for gender equality (via The Financial)
- Nasdaq – Nasdaq ‘Rings the Bell for Gender Equality’ (via Nasdaq)
- Nigeria – Gender equality: NSE joins other Exchanges in bell ringing (via New Telegraph)
- Philippines – PSE joins global bell ringing (via SunStar)
- Russia – MOEX Rings the bell for gender equality (via mondovisione)
- Spain – BME: Bell ringing ceremony for gender equality (via mondovisione)
- Sri Lanka – IFC, CSE join to ring bell for gender equality (via ColomboPage)
- Sweden – Nasdaq Stockholm celebrated International Women’s Day (via Di)
- Switzerland – Women in ETFs at Swiss Exchange (via mondovisione)
- Thailand – Ringing the bell for women’s rights (via Bangkok Post)
- Uganda – USE boss urges companies on gender equality (via The Observer)
- UAE – DFM joins 61 global exchanges in ringing bell for gender equality (via Gulf News)
- USA – Women in ETFs march toward equality (via Fox Business)
- West Africa – The BVRM is ringing the bell for gender equality (via Financial Afrik)
About the SSE
The SSE initiative is a UN Partnership Programme organised by UNCTAD, the UN Global Compact, UNEP FI and the PRI. The SSE’s mission is to provide a global platform for exploring how exchanges, in collaboration with investors, companies (issuers), regulators, policymakers and relevant international organizations, can enhance performance on ESG (environmental, social and corporate governance) issues and encourage sustainable investment, including the financing of the UN Sustainable Development Goals. The SSE seeks to achieve this mission through an integrated programme of conducting evidence-based policy analysis, facilitating a network and forum for multi-stakeholder consensus-building, and providing technical assistance and advisory services.