Exchange in Focus: Bursa Malaysia launches one-stop knowledge hub on corporate governance and sustainability
9 May 2018
- The Corporate Governance (CG) pillar provides resources that help listed issuers understand the benefits and value of adopting good CG practices. Listed issuers can have a better understanding of managing and improving CG within their company with the availability of all relevant information under this section including the Malaysian Code of Corporate Governance, CG Guide and other guidance as well as related literature.
- The Sustainability pillar contains tools and resources to inform and inspire listed issuers at different stages of their sustainability journey. This section contains the essentials on sustainability, which includes detailed content on specific sustainability issues that are trending both locally and globally that can help them to improve current practices and drive value over the long term.
- The Responsible Investment pillar gives investors a better understanding of applying the latest environmental, social and governance (ESG) information alongside their financial and market consideration, which will allow them to make better informed investing decisions.
- Releasing a sustainability reporting guide to help its issuers meet their reporting obligations.
- Launching a Sustainability Engagement Series, working to build awareness on the importance of embedding sustainability into corporate strategy.
- Launching the FTSE4Good Bursa Malaysia Index in 2014
- Issuing sustainability Reports since 2011.
About the SSE
The SSE initiative is a UN Partnership Programme organised by UNCTAD, the UN Global Compact, UNEP FI and the PRI. The SSE’s mission is to provide a global platform for exploring how exchanges, in collaboration with investors, companies (issuers), regulators, policymakers and relevant international organizations, can enhance performance on ESG (environmental, social and corporate governance) issues and encourage sustainable investment, including the financing of the UN Sustainable Development Goals. The SSE seeks to achieve this mission through an integrated programme of conducting evidence-based policy analysis, facilitating a network and forum for multi-stakeholder consensus-building, and providing technical assistance and advisory services.