Namibian Stock Exchange
Number of listed companies
Domestic market capitalization
2,540 million US$
SSE Partner Exchange
Has annual sustainability report
- However, NSX has a Corporate Governance Report (pg. 10) within its Annual Report 2016
ESG reporting required as a listing rule
- NSX requires companies to adhere to the NamCode, the Corporate Governance Code for Namibia, which includes sections on corporate governance and sustainability.
Has written guidance on ESG reporting
Offers ESG related training
Market covered by sustainability-related index
Has sustainability bond listing segment
Has SME listing platform
- Alternative Investment Board (AIX), since 2013
Organizational model of stock exchange
- Members Association
- Regulated by NAMFISA in terms of the 1985 Stock Exchanges Control Act. However, the Stock Exchange has full regulation over listing requirements, compliance and market supervision.
About the stock exchange
Location: Windhoek, Namibia.
- Initially founded in 1904 due to the diamond rush, the exchange closed shortly thereafter in 1910. It reopened in 1992 after independence. More information here.
|Ownership of Exchange (Shares >4% only)||Share|
|Member owned (43 founder members and 6 stock broking members)||%|