Number of listed companies
Domestic market capitalization
275,000 million US$
SSE Partner Exchange
Has annual sustainability report
ESG reporting required as a listing rule
Has written guidance on ESG reporting
- Released in March 2017 across Nasdaq's Nordic and Baltic Exchanges.
Offers ESG related training
- Nasdaq Nordic and Baltic exchanges run a pilot program on ESG reporting.
Market covered by sustainability-related index
- Nasdaq offers 70 sustainability-related indexes (not all actively traded), including:
- OMX GES Ethical indexes:
- OMX GES Ethical Nordic Index
- OMX GES Ethical Norway Index
- OMX GES Ethical Sweden Index
- OMX GES Ethical Denmark Index
- OMX GES Ethical Finland Index
- OMX GES OMXS30 Ethical Index
- OMX GES Sustainability Nordic and OMX GES
- OMX GES Sustainability Nordic Index
- OMX GES Sustainability Sweden Index
- OMX GES Sustainability Sweden Ethical Index
Has sustainability bond listing segment
- Nasdaq Stockholm and Nasdaq Helsinki launched a sustainable bond list in 2015 on the main market and another, the First North Sustainable Bond List, on the First North market in the beginning of 2018.
Has SME listing platform
- Nasdaq First North, since 2006
- Sustainability Section on Website.
- Sustainability Section in 2014 Annual Report.
- Nasdaq Progress Report 2014, United Nations Global Compact
- The Nasdaq speaks, moderates, sponsors, or otherwise exhibits at key industry events related to sustainability. (Source)
- Nasdaq and CERES’ Investor Network on Climate Risk (INCR) is working with other partners to create an investor-centric sustainability reporting proposal for public companies and stock exchanges. (Source)
- Nasdaq had a three-part article series in 2013, called Doing Well by Doing Good. (Source)
- Nasdaq is a member of the United Nations Global Compact and Chair of the WFE Sustainability Working Group. (Source)
- Board Member, US Global Compact US Network; Advisory Board Member, SASB.
Organizational model of stock exchange
Listed company for profit; demutualized in:
- NASDAQ - 2000
- OMX - 1993
Limited Exchange Self-Regulatory Organization (SRO) Model
- Regulatory practices in regards to this exchange vary slightly from country to country. However, the exchanges operated by NASDAQ OMX in each country appear to have basic regulatory oversight. However, the ultimate regulatory authority for each market lies with the regulatory bodies listed.
About the stock exchange
HQ Location: New York, New York.
- Nasdaq (Nasdaq: NDAQ) is a leading global provider of trading, clearing, exchange technology, listing, information and public company services. Through its diverse portfolio of solutions, Nasdaq enables customers to plan, optimize and execute their business vision with confidence, using proven technologies that provide transparency and insight for navigating today's global capital markets. As the creator of the world's first electronic stock market, its technology powers more than 90 marketplaces in 50 countries, and 1 in 10 of the world's securities transactions. Nasdaq is home to approximately 3,900 total listings with a market value of approximately $13 trillion. To learn more, visit: http://business.nasdaq.com
|Ownership of Exchange (Shares >4% only)||Share|
|Borse Dubai, Ltd.||17.9%|
|MFS Investment Management||8.4%|
|The Vanguard Group||7.1%|