Hanoi Stock Exchange
Number of listed companies
Domestic market capitalization
49,000 million US$
SSE Partner Exchange
Has annual sustainability report
ESG reporting required as a listing rule
- Circular 155/2015/TT-BTC (dated 06/10/2015) on guidelines for information disclosure on securities market.
Has written guidance on ESG reporting
- HNX published Guidance on ESG Disclosure for listed companies in 2016 in accordance with sustainability reporting requirements by Circular 155/2015/TT-BTC dated October 6, 2015 on guidelines for information disclosure on securities market.
Offers ESG related training
- Joint workshop by Hanoi Stock Exchange and Global Reporting Initiative – GRI “Information disclosure standards of Global Reporting Initiative (GRI)” on Aug 18th, 2017;
- Joint workshop by CPA Australia, HNX and HOSE “International practices on investor relations” on May 23rd, 2018;
- Joint workshop by HNX, HOSE and GRI “Sustainability Reporting for Public Listed Companies” in Jun 18th , 2018, Hanoi.
Market covered by sustainability-related index
Has sustainability bond listing segment
Has SME listing platform
- One of the function of UPCoM market is a trading platform for SMEs
Currently, HNX operates 4 markets including listed stock market, UPCoM, Government bond market, and derivatives market.
Organizational model of stock exchange
State-owned single member limited liability company
- Hanoi Stock Exchange (HNX) was officially designated as a State-owned single member limited liability company with sole ownership by the Ministry of Finance and regulated by SSC.
About the stock exchange
- HNX (formerly HASTC) was established in 1998 and officially inaugurated in 2005.
- 02/01/2009: Establishment of Hanoi Stock Exchange on the basis of transforming Hanoi Securities Trading Center (2005) as an State-owned single limited liability company owned by MOF. In 2009, the UPCoM and the Government bond market were operated at HNX.
- 15/04/2010: HNX officially became 19th member of AOSEF.
- 30/05/2011: HXN became a "Correspondent" of the World Federation of Exchanges (WFE) and "Affiliate" since 2013.
- 22/5/2015: HNX became an SSE Partner Exchange.
|Ownership of Exchange (Shares >4% only)||Share|
|Vietnam Ministry of Finance||100%|