Athens Exchange Group
Number of listed companies
Domestic market capitalization
55,588 million US$
SSE Partner Exchange
Has annual sustainability report
- Non-financial reporting section (including financial and business responsibility, environment, and moral and social responsibility) in 2017. 1/2 page corporate (social) responsibility section in 2012-2015 annual reports (including referendes to environment)- these sections are identical in all three reports and contain general commitments rather than specific activities; CSR section in 2008, 2010-2011 Annual Reports (more of a commitment and principles statement than an overview of deliverables or activities- identical content in all these years); 2-paragraph long CSR section in 2009 annual report.
ESG reporting required as a listing rule
Has written guidance on ESG reporting
Offers ESG related training
- Partnered with Global Sustain on the Sustainability Forum 2016 held in Athens.
- Offers CSR workshops.
- Participates in annual CSR conferences.
Market covered by sustainability-related index
Has sustainability bond listing segment
Has SME listing platform
- ATHEX Alternative Market (EN.A), since 2008
- Sustainability Section on website.
Organizational model of stock exchange
- Private company for profit; demutualized in 1999
Limited Exchange Self-Regulatory Organization (SRO) Model
- The Hellenic Capital Market Commission is the primary regulator for the capital markets of Greece. The commission not only oversees the capital markets but also ensures compliance by companies listed on the Athens Stock Exchange with capital market laws. Due to the regulatory power of the Hellenic Capital Market Commission, the Athens Stock Exchange has limited self-regulatory power.
About the stock exchange
Location: Athens, Greece.
- Athens Exchange Group (ATHEX GROUP) is a group of companies that provide support to the Greek Capital Market. ATHEX GROUP and its subsidiaries operate the organized Equities and Derivatives markets, perform clearing and settlement of trades, supply integrated software solutions and services to the Greek capital market community and promote the investment culture in Greece. (Source)
|Ownership of Exchange (Shares >4% only)||Share|
|Hellenic Exchanges S.A.||100.00%|