Number of listed companies
Domestic market capitalization
3,482,969 million US$
SSE Partner Exchange
Has annual sustainability report
- Chapter 2 of the Euronext 2018 Registration Document, found here.
ESG reporting required as a listing rule
- The European directive on non-financial information reporting (NFRD) has been implemented into the French legal environment.
- The Grenelle II Act of 2010 makes CSR reporting mandatory as part of annual reporting for all large companies doing business in France
- Euronext Paris supports and implements ESMA’s and National Competent Authorities stringent rules with regards to governance among its community of listed companies
Has written guidance on ESG reporting
Offers ESG related training
Market covered by sustainability-related index
- See the list of indices on the Euronext website here. ESG/ISR indices fall under the tab "theme indices". This list is automatically updated.
Has sustainability bond listing segment
- However Euronext does list green bonds and has done so through Euronext Amsterdam, Euronext Lisbon and Euronext Paris.
Euronext supports climate friendly innovations by financing Cleantech SME’s benefitting from major Euronext initiatives:
- TechShare: 27 Cleantech have followed the program on how to leverage capital markets
- Tech40 Index: 10% of this increasingly important index is made up of Cleantech SME’s
- Morningstar: the program fully covers the scope of Cleantech SME issuers (55)
Organizational model of stock exchange
- Listed company for profit; demutualized in 2000
Government (Statutory) Model
- The Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID) classifies Euronext’s European cash markets as a regulated market. As such, the real-time monitoring performed by Euronext’s cash market operations and technical support is formally enforced, and our trading rules and procedures are approved by our four regulators. This regulatory and organizational system gives Euronext the power to efficiently manage crisis situations and extraordinary circumstances. Some of the markets organized by Euronext are exchange regulated, which means they are subject to a body of rules laid down by the market operator, Euronext. They are not regulated markets as defined by the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID). These structured, exchange regulated markets offer simplified access to financial markets and streamlined listing requirements for companies from every sector of the economy, while ensuring compliance with rules on investor disclosure and the control of financial information. (Source)
About the stock exchange
Location of the listed holding: Paris, France As a market operator, Euronext Paris, which is the market of reference for the Euronext shares, manages the Euronext regulated markets in France. In accordance with Article L.421-10 of the French Monetary and Financial Code, Euronext Paris adopts rules for each of these markets to ensure fair and orderly trading and efficient order execution. The requirements for market access and admission of financial instruments to trading are also covered by these rules, which are approved by the Autorité des Marchés Financiers (“AMF”) and published on the market operator’s website. Euronext Paris markets are subject to the provisions of Article L.421-4 et seq. of the French Monetary and Financial Code, which authorises the French Minister of Economy to confer and revoke regulated market status upon proposal of the AMF, which has to consult with the Autorité de Contrôle Prudentiel et de Résolution (“ACPR”). Euronext is the leading pan-European exchange in the Eurozone, spanning Belgium, France, Ireland, Norway, the Netherlands, Portugal, the UK and Ireland. Created in 2000, it unites markets which date back to the start of the 17th century. It is the primary exchange in the Euro zone with nearly 1,500 listed issuers worth more than €4.5 trillion in market capitalization as of end May 2019, an unmatched blue chip franchise consisting of 20+ issuers in the Morningstar® Eurozone 50 Index℠ and a strong diverse domestic and international client base
|Ownership of Exchange (Shares >4% only)||Share|