Number of listed companies
Domestic market capitalization
35,313 million US$
SSE Partner Exchange
Has annual sustainability report
- Chapter 2 of the Euronext 2018 Registration Document, found here.
ESG reporting required as a listing rule
- The European directive on non-financial information reporting (NFRD) has been implemented into the UK legal environment.
Moreover, Euronext London supports and implements ESMA’s and National Competent Authorities stringent rules with regards to governance among its community of listed companies
Has written guidance on ESG reporting
Offers ESG related training
Market covered by sustainability-related index
- See the list of indices on the Euronext website here. ESG/ISR indices fall under the tab "theme indices". This list is automatically updated.
Has sustainability bond listing segment
- Euronext London has not listed any Green Bonds, but Euronext does list green bonds and has done so through Euronext Amsterdam, Euronext Lisbon and Euronext Paris.
Has SME listing platform
Euronext supports climate friendly innovations by financing Cleantech SME’s benefitting from major Euronext initiatives :
- TechShare: 27 Cleantech have followed the program on how to leverage capital markets
- Tech40 Index: 10% of this increasingly important index is made up of Cleantech SME’s
- Morningstar: the program fully covers the scope of Cleantech SME issuers (55)
Organizational model of stock exchange
- Listed company for profit; demutualized in 2000
Government (Statutory) Model
- The Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID) classifies Euronext’s European cash markets as a regulated market. As such, the real-time monitoring performed by Euronext’s cash market operations and technical support is formally enforced, and our trading rules and procedures are approved by our five regulators. This regulatory and organizational system gives Euronext the power to efficiently manage crisis situations and extraordinary circumstances. Some of the markets organized by Euronext are exchange regulated, which means they are subject to a body of rules laid down by the market operator, Euronext. They are not regulated markets as defined by the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID). These structured, exchange regulated markets offer simplified access to financial markets and streamlined listing requirements for companies from every sector of the economy, while ensuring compliance with rules on investor disclosure and the control of financial information. Source
About the stock exchange
Location of the listed holding: London, UK. Euronext London has been granted recognition by the Financial Conduct Authority (“FCA”) to operate as a United Kingdom recognised investment exchange (“RIE”), pursuant to section 290 of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (the “UK FSMA”). As such, Euronext London has certain self-regulatory responsibilities for its markets. In order to retain its status as an RIE, Euronext London is required to meet various legislative and regulatory requirements and failure to comply with these requirements could subject it to significant penalties, including de-recognition. The regulatory framework applicable to Euronext London is supplemented by a series of legislative provisions regulating the conduct of participants. Importantly, the UK FSMA contains provisions making it an offense for any person to engage in certain market behaviour and prohibits market abuse through the misuse of information, the giving of false or misleading impressions or the creation of market distortions. Breaches of those provisions give rise to the risk of sanctions, including financial penalties. Euronext is the leading pan-European exchange in the Eurozone, spanning Belgium, France, Ireland, Norway, the Netherlands, Portugal, the UK and Ireland. Created in 2000, it unites markets which date back to the start of the 17th century. It is the primary exchange in the Euro zone with nearly 1,500 listed issuers worth more than €4.5 trillion in market capitalization as of end May 2019, an unmatched blue chip franchise consisting of 20+ issuers in the Morningstar® Eurozone 50 Index℠ and a strong diverse domestic and international client base.
|Ownership of Exchange (Shares >4% only)||Share|