Number of listed companies
Domestic market capitalization
46,546 million US$
SSE Partner Exchange
Has annual sustainability report
ESG reporting required as a listing rule
Has written guidance on ESG reporting
- Published Model Guidance for Reporting on ESG Performance & SDGs in 2016.
Offers ESG related training
- 19 Sept 2018: the Egyptian Exchange (EGX) provided a training session for Federation of European and Asian Stock Exchanges (FEAS) members at EGX Smart Village premises on the importance of sustainability in stock markets, and how stock markets can raise the awareness of stakeholders about sustainability, and the importance of ESG reporting.
- Oct and Nov 2016: all listed companies attended two training sessions held, with about 252 participants over the two sessions. The training sessions held at Smart Village and Alexandria, and covered ESG reporting.
Market covered by sustainability-related index
- SP/EGX ESG Index (launched March 2010)
Has sustainability bond listing segment
Has SME listing platform
- NILEX, since 2007
- EGX launched the EGX Sustainability Foundation in 2017
Organizational model of stock exchange
- Governmental not for profit
Limited Exchange Self-Regulatory Organization (SRO) Model
- The Egyptian Exchange has a basic level of regulatory authority when it comes to listing and market surveillance. However, the Egyptian Financial Supervisory Authority is the overall regulator for the stock exchange.
About the stock exchange
Location: Cairo, Egypt
- The Egyptian Exchange is one of the oldest stock markets established in the Middle East. The Egyptian Exchange traces its origins to 1883 when the Alexandria Stock Exchange was established, followed by the Cairo Stock Exchange in 1903. (Source)
|Ownership of Exchange (Shares >4% only)||Share|