Dhaka Stock Exchange
Number of listed companies
Domestic market capitalization
41,126 million US$
SSE Partner Exchange
Has annual sustainability report
- The annual report does include a corporate governance section
ESG reporting required as a listing rule
- Compliance with Corporate Governance guidelines is a requirement for listing.
Has written guidance on ESG reporting
- Corporate Governance Guidelines, issued in 2012, found here.
Offers ESG related training
- 20 May 2018 and 26 July 2018: Workshop on Corporate Transparency & Sustainability Reporting for listed companies
- 26 July 2018: Workshop on Corporate Transparency & Sustainability Reporting- Policies & Practice for listed companies and capital market regulators
Market covered by sustainability-related index
Has sustainability bond listing segment
Has SME listing platform
Organizational model of stock exchange
- Public Limited Company, demutualized in 2013.
- The Dhaka Stock Exchange (DSE) is registered as a Public Limited Company and its activities are regulated by its Articles of Association, rules & regulations and by-laws along with the rules, order and notifications of the Bangladesh Securities and Exchange Commission (BSEC). (Source)
About the stock exchange
- Originally incorporated in 1954. Headquarters in Dhaka, Bangladesh. More on company here.
- Public Company Limited by Share. Not listed company (Presently 266 shareholders).
|Ownership of Exchange (Shares >4% only)||Share|