Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange
Number of listed companies
Domestic market capitalization
10,164 million US$
SSE Partner Exchange
Has annual sustainability report
ESG reporting required as a listing rule
Has written guidance on ESG reporting
Offers ESG related training
Market covered by sustainability-related index
Has sustainability bond listing segment
Has SME listing platform
- DSE Enterprise Growth Market Segment, since 2012
- The DSE Annual Members Awards Program for 2017 was concluded in September 2018. Companies and Member Firms that excelled in the areas of corporate governance, investor protection, sustainable business, and CSR were recognized and awarded trophies and certificates.
- DSE was admitted as an affiliate member of the WFE in the 2015-2016 year. DSE has applied for Full Membership of the WFE.
Organizational model of stock exchange
- Listed, demutualized in 2015
- DSE is a Self-Regulating Organization. The exchange is permitted to conduct regulatory functions tied to market operations but it must adhere to the regulations of the Capital Markets & Securities Authority of Tanzania.
About the stock exchange
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
- Founded in 1996, became operational in 1998
- DSE is a Public Company Limited by Shares. The Government owns 15% and the Public owns 85%.
|Ownership of Exchange (Shares >4% only)||Share|
|Government of Tanzania||15%|